AEU Support Staff Agreement
Your AEU Tasmanian Branch Council has just endorsed a new PSUWA Agreement for a binding support staff member ballot starting next week (Monday 25 November).
The proposed support staff Agreement includes pay rises totaling 6.95% over the three years of the Agreement, increases to allowances and improved public holiday and family leave arrangements.
Here’s the highlights:
- Increases of 2.3% in December 2019, 2.3% in December 2020 and 2.35% in December 2021.
- Increase to Health Care Procedures Allowance – $13.20 to $30 (127% increase) per week.
- Increase to Toileting Allowance for Teacher Assistants from $13.20 to $15 per week, with a further increase to $17 for those working in Special Support Schools.
- Correctional Facilities Allowance payable to TasTAFE Support Staff and Corrections Allowance for Support Staff at Ashley School.
PROGRESS TO ADDRESS STAND DOWN:
- Ability to work a maximum of 43 weeks per year with a maximum of nine holidays with pay in any calendar year. (E.g. Easter Monday and Tuesday if scheduled to work.)
- Transition of ESS roles onto Teaching Award with access to 52 week’s paid employment.
- IMPROVED LEAVE ARRANGEMENTS:
- Communicable Disease Leave for all school-based employees.
- Two week increase to paid Parental and Partner Leave, from 14 to 16 weeks.
- Paid Partner Leave increase from 1 week to 3 weeks.
- Re-crediting of Recreation and Parental Leave where compassionate or bereavement conditions apply.
- Superannuation employer contributions – for employees on workers compensation and while on unpaid parental leave.
Upcoming Support Staff Events