A reminder that if you are toileting a student to claim your toileting allowance. If one student has several TAs working with them then each TA is entitled to claim the toileting allowance.

Also, if you have volunteered to perform medical procedures, complete with appropriate training (done in paid time and funded by DoE), you are entitled to the Specialised Health Care Allowance.

Examples of medical procedures are:

  • Catheterization
  • use of rectal Diazapam/Midazolam
  • injection of medication in an emergency (e.g. severe allergic reaction)
  • use of gastronomy tube
  • suctioning and use of a suction catheter
  • resuscitation
  • administration of oxygen
  • tracheostomy care
  • blood and urine testing
  • administration of oral glucose or sugar,
  • stoma care
  • peg feeding
  • changing colostomy bags.

If you perform another medical procedure that is not listed above, please contact us to discuss the availability of an allowance.