Instructional load means regularly, timetabled face-to-face instruction of students. It includes:
- timetabled class teacher periods, when a class is together for the purpose of receiving administrative instruction and discussing problems which are common to the group
- timetabled electives offered in the school curriculum
- timetabled tutorial periods
- timetabled pastoral care periods
- timetabled periods for recreational and sporting activity
- timetabled assemblies — does not include end of year assemblies
Both daily PE and timetabled supervised eating in the teacher’s classroom are activities that are to be included when calculating instructional load.