National Gonski Week starts on Sunday 19 June and, with the election just a week later, it could be the most important week ever – find out why…
There’s $70M in Gonski funding at stake for Tasmanian schools at this election, so it’s vital we send a clear message to all politicians that our schools need Gonski – not Malcolm Turnbull’s cuts.
Workplace Reps have been emailed asking them to hold a Gonski-themed union sub-branch meeting, during Gonski Week. Keep an eye out for your workplace’s meeting date and make sure you get along to find out the latest about Gonski and your school.
Gonski Campaign update:
- The next National Gonski Doorknock is on Sunday, 19 June, in Launceston – don’t miss out, details here!
- The ALP and The Greens both support Gonski. Malcolm Turnbull says he will axe Gonski next year. Mr Turnbull will also cut funding to Tasmanian public schools. Details here
- Here’s a video with a good summary about the election choice on education
- For more information and resources for Gonski Week – click here.
- Do you live on a busy road? Would you have space for a Gonski sign in your front yard? Let us know at email@example.com if you can ‘host’ a sign between now and the election.