This Wednesday 11th August is National TAFE Day and we are celebrating with events at various TasTAFE campuses and opportunities to get involved in TasTAFE campaigns for your working conditions, for priority TAFE funding and to save our TasTAFE and jobs from the threat of privatisation.
Get along to a lunch time event this Wednesday – if you haven’t received a calendar invite, let me know and I can give you the details of your closest event.
Now is the time to get involved with your AEU and our campaigns. Here’s what we are working to achieve together in 2021:
- Save TasTAFE – stop the Liberal Party’s privatisation plan and keep our TAFE working for all Tasmanians. Sign the petition: savetastafe.org.au
- TasTAFE to be recognised as our high performing public training and education provider, keeping teachers and staff in the public sector with greater value and respect.
- Rebuild With TAFE – federal VET funding must prioritise TAFE to lead economic recovery and guarantee quality jobs, training and education into the future. Sign up here: rebuildwithtafe.org.au
- Manageable workloads that prioritise student learning.
- Nationally competitive wages with salary increases that will retain and attract quality teachers (support staff Agreement is up next year, so focus is on teachers for now)..
- Access to a Professional Development fund for TasTAFE teachers.
- Ensure teachers and staff have access to necessary breaks.
- Improved family leave and reproductive health and wellbeing leave.
Help us get some materials out on your campuses – ask any colleagues who are not yet members of the AEU to join now using our latest Campaigns flyer.
Let me know what you think of our campaign work and how you would like to help get your workplace organised and working for better conditions and a bright future for TAFE.