Members are seeing the benefits of sticking together in union as the AEU as the new Agreements are implemented across Tasmanian workplaces.
Major wins of the last PSUWA agreement include:
- 2.3% pay rise back dated to December 2019
- 2.3% pay rise in December 2020 and 2.35% in December 2021
- Increase to Health Care Procedures Allowance – $13.20 to $30 (127% increase) per week.
- Increase to Toileting Allowance for Teacher Assistants from $13.20 to $15 per week, with a further increase to $17 for those working in Special Support Schools.
- Up to 9 days paid public holidays or TOIL
- Ability to work a maximum of 43 weeks per year
- Transition of ESS roles onto Teaching Award with access to 52 week’s paid employment
- Correctional Facilities Allowance payable to TasTAFE Support Staff and Corrections Allowance for Support Staff at Ashley School
- Communicable Disease Leave for all school-based employees.
- Two week increase to paid Parental Leave, from 14 to 16 weeks.
- Paid Partner Leave increase from 1 week to 3 weeks.
- Re-crediting of Recreation and Parental Leave where compassionate or bereavement conditions apply.
- Superannuation employer contributions – for employees on workers compensation and while on unpaid parental leave.
It’s great to see members participating and strongly supporting the increased allowances, pay rises, paid public holidays, various improvements to conditions and increases in paid maternity/partner leave to name just a few highlights.
A growing number of ESP/Support Staff Reps are being elected in AEU workplaces and specific ESP Reps Training has begun, with more to come around the state.
Member working groups of ESPs are being formed to continue working through some parts of the new Agreements – email email@example.com to find out more or express an interest in joining a working group.
Growing our ESP membership and getting more active in our workplaces, including as AEU workplace reps, is how we grow the power to keep improving pay and conditions and get recognition for the professional and valuable work of ESPs in education.
The link to join online or download a membership form is here: http://aeutas.org.au/join/