EB CampaignRespect • Recruit • Retain
Campaign for Quality Education
Teachers, principals and support staff believe there is nothing more important than a quality education for all Tasmanians.
Due to excessive workloads, almost half of teachers* say they can’t meet the individual learning needs of students. Educator burnout is high and we’re losing the best and brightest from the profession.
That’s why we’re calling on the Liberal State Government to value educators by negotiating manageable workloads that put the learning needs of students first.
Tasmanian teachers are the lowest paid in Australia. Support Staff earn on average $25,000 a year and some rely on Centrelink payments to make ends meet.
It’s time the Tasmanian Government respected educators.
Nightly News - circuit breaker on new agreementMass action towards the end of Term 2, phone calls directly to Liberal Party politicians over the holidays and the development of a new circuit breaking offer from teachers has restarted negotiations. Top story on the Nightly News from Saturday night in case you missed it. Posted by Australian Education Union Tasmania on Monday, 6 May 2019
Liberal Party cuts hurt our kidsTasmanian kids and their parents don’t need more Liberal Party cuts. Cuts that hurt our kids. Teachers have solutions, but the Liberals aren’t listening. Vote for our kids, not Liberal Party cuts. Scott Morrison (ScoMo) Will Hodgman Jeremy Rockliff Posted by Australian Education Union Tasmania on Sunday, 5 May 2019
New offer for members on Teachers Agreement
Quality Education Campaign Materials
- AEU Counter Claim (190319)
- Government Offer - Teachers Agreement (290319)
- Government Offer - PSUWA (290319)
- Government Offer - TasTAFE (290319)
- Peter Gutwein-AEU email exchange
- Government Offer and Ministerial Letter to Department of Education Staff Members (010319)
- Response to revised bargaining position joint union letter to Premier (090319)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (DoE)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (Support Staff)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (TAFE)
- Quality Education Flyer for Parents
- ACER Survey Results
- ACER Survey Results (One Page Summary)
- Quality Education Plan
- Quality Education Plan (One Page Summary)
- Liberal Quotes about Tassie Educators Poster
- Quality Education Campaign Logo
- Tassie Needs a Pay Rise Logo