EB CampaignRespect • Recruit • Retain
Campaign for Quality Education
Teachers, principals and support staff believe there is nothing more important than a quality education for all Tasmanians.
Due to excessive workloads, almost half of teachers* say they can’t meet the individual learning needs of students. Educator burnout is high and we’re losing the best and brightest from the profession.
That’s why we’re calling on the Liberal State Government to value educators by negotiating manageable workloads that put the learning needs of students first.
Tasmanian teachers are the lowest paid in Australia. Support Staff earn on average $25,000 a year and some rely on Centrelink payments to make ends meet.
It’s time the Tasmanian Government respected educators.
Thank you Tassie parents - united for quality educationParents and teachers are united for Tasmanian students who need more in-class support, smaller class sizes and time with their teachers. Teachers' work conditions are learning conditions for students. Parents know how much educators give to their work and their students and that we won't continue to attract and retain the best teachers if they are the lowest paid in the country. Thank you to all those who are supporting teachers and a quality education for their kids. Posted by Australian Education Union Tasmania on Thursday, 4 April 2019
Quality Education Campaign Materials
- AEU Counter Claim (190319)
- Government Offer - Teachers Agreement (290319)
- Government Offer - PSUWA (290319)
- Government Offer - TasTAFE (290319)
- Peter Gutwein-AEU email exchange
- Government Offer and Ministerial Letter to Department of Education Staff Members (010319)
- Response to revised bargaining position joint union letter to Premier (090319)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (DoE)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (Support Staff)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (TAFE)
- Quality Education Flyer for Parents
- ACER Survey Results
- ACER Survey Results (One Page Summary)
- Quality Education Plan
- Quality Education Plan (One Page Summary)
- Liberal Quotes about Tassie Educators Poster
- Quality Education Campaign Logo
- Tassie Needs a Pay Rise Logo