EB CampaignRespect • Recruit • Retain
Campaign for Quality Education
UPDATE (Aug 7, 2019): SHORT-TERM OFFERS ACCEPTED, IMMEDIATE RETURN TO NEGOTIATIONS
- Click here for member update, Aug 7, 2019
- Click here for media release (DoE Teachers Agreement)
- Click here for media release (DoE Support Staff and TasTAFE)
Teachers, principals and support staff believe there is nothing more important than a quality education for all Tasmanians.
Due to excessive workloads, almost half of teachers* say they can’t meet the individual learning needs of students. Educator burnout is high and we’re losing the best and brightest from the profession.
That’s why we’re calling on the Liberal State Government to value educators by negotiating manageable workloads that put the learning needs of students first.
Tasmanian teachers are the lowest paid in Australia. Support Staff earn on average $25,000 a year and some rely on Centrelink payments to make ends meet.
It’s time the Tasmanian Government respected educators.
Nightly News - offers accepted, workload focus of new negotiationsICYMI: Teachers, principals, TAFE teachers, support staff and school psychologists have voted to accept a short-term offer of pay rises and back pay. The government's offer included a commitment to return immediately to negotiations and the AEU's strong focus remains on workload solutions and improving conditions. Posted by Australian Education Union Tasmania on Thursday, 8 August 2019
New offer for members on Teachers Agreement
Quality Education Campaign Materials
- AEU Counter Claim (190319)
- Government Offer - Teachers Agreement (290319)
- Government Offer - PSUWA (290319)
- Government Offer - TasTAFE (290319)
- Peter Gutwein-AEU email exchange
- Government Offer and Ministerial Letter to Department of Education Staff Members (010319)
- Response to revised bargaining position joint union letter to Premier (090319)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (DoE)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (Support Staff)
- DoE Framework for Bargaining (TAFE)
- Quality Education Flyer for Parents
- ACER Survey Results
- ACER Survey Results (One Page Summary)
- Quality Education Plan
- Quality Education Plan (One Page Summary)
- Liberal Quotes about Tassie Educators Poster
- Quality Education Campaign Logo
- Tassie Needs a Pay Rise Logo