Are you a friendly and efficient customer relationship manager with excellent database skills ready to make a big difference? Unlock your passion for public education and Tasmanian educators as Membership and Database Officer with the Australian Education Union (AEU) Tasmania Branch.
The Australian Education Union is the biggest and most powerful voice for public education in Tasmania. We are a values-driven, fulfilling place to work and offer excellent support and conditions.
As an inclusive, progressive organisation, we value diversity and encourage applications from First Nations people, people with disability, people of colour, women, trans, queer and gender diverse people.
For a position with purpose where your customer service, database systems and administration skills can make a real difference, apply now. The AEU encourages personal growth, professional development and a healthy work-life balance.
Your skills and experience can assist more than 5000 educators to achieve our mission: We recruit, retain, and organise educators, using our collective power to improve public education policy, increase respect for educators, and secure better working and learning conditions for members and students.
Ensure AEU Tasmania membership records and data are accurate, secure and up to date, and the experience of AEU members with our membership systems is positive and efficient.
The Membership and Database Officer is responsible for the maintenance and efficient use of the membership database, customer relationship management systems and payment systems. The position provides regular membership reports to meet our governance requirements and organisational processes and responds to member enquiries and correspondence.
In addition to these responsibilities, the role provides oversight, guidance and support to other AEU Tasmania staff working with member data and utilising our customer relationship management systems.
Level of Responsibility
Responsible for data accuracy and the efficient functioning of the union’s membership database and activities.
Australian Education Union Tasmania Branch is proud to offer our staff a supportive workplace with excellent conditions, including:
- Flexible working arrangements, with access to Rostered Days Off if desired
- Four weeks of annual leave per year, plus additional paid days off for the Christmas / New Year shutdown
- Superannuation contribution of 13%
- Access to Long Service Leave after five years of continuous service
- Reproductive Health and Wellbeing Leave
- Ongoing professional development opportunities tailored to your individual career goals
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing support
- Customer (member) service orientated
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Communicates effectively on all levels
- Ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a small team
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy and ability to check own output
- Be flexible and adaptable – open to change, think independently and champion new improvements
- Show initiative
- Be a self-starter working with minimal supervision.
- Be analytical and problem solver
- Systems-focus – you see the improvements to processes that deliver efficiency and accuracy and you are big on documentation
- Team educator who passes your skills on to others, comfortable training and always supportive of colleagues using the systems you develop and maintain
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Friendly and efficient member (customer) service
- Experience with membership or customer database maintenance and management
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management software and systems
- Experience with management of payment systems and financial reporting
- Proven ability to develop, interpret and implement rules, procedures and policies
- Ability to work with spreadsheets, manage data and provide accurate reports
- Very proficient with office systems, including Microsoft Teams and other 365 apps
- Highly organised, and able to manage multiple tasks and projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Demonstrated union values and a commitment to public education
- Relevant post-secondary studies such as a Certificate or Diploma in Business, Database Design and Development, Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience working in an education, community or campaigns environment
- Database development experience
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and data analysis
- Website development or content management experience
- A current drivers licence