Review of the Education Act
The Tasmanian Education Minister is leading a review of the Education Act (1994) and is calling for submissions in response to his discussion paper as part of a consultation process.
The Minister’s discussion paper covers a wide range of topics he sees as relevant and open for possible change or inclusion in a new Education Act. The AEU will make a submission and encourages members to either make a contribution to that submission or write one of their own. The consultation is open until December 31st 2014.
The Minister has stressed that it is to be an open-ended review, with submissions welcome on any relevant topic. The AEU has made some initial statements and we welcome your feedback and additions. Send your comments to Research Officer email@example.com
AEU Tasmanian Branch policy is determined by the Branch Council. The process for determining policy is as follows:
The Branch Policy Committee is a standing committee that is usually chaired by the Deputy President (South). The committee membership is open to all members. A member may wish to contribute to only one particular policy, while others may have a longer term relationship with the committee.
The committee prepares draft policies at the request of Executive and/or Council. These drafts are presented to Council for amendment and approval.
- AEU Life Membership & AEU Honorary Membership Policy
- Member Complaints Policy
- Accommodation Standards for Professional Staff
- AEU Subscription Refund Policy
- Zero Tolerance of Workplace Violence
- Anaphylaxis Management
- Assessment, Reporting and Accountability Policy
- Charter of Professional rights for teachers
- Early Childhood Education February 2008
- Safe Schools Policy – DRAFT
- School Closures, Amalgamation and Rationalisation
- Surveilance Cameras in School Settings
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender People
- Policy on acceptable use of mobile phones by students in school/colleges
- Policy on safe access to schools and emergency response
- AEU Teacher Librarians and School Libraries Policy 2008 (pdf 133kB)
- Violent Students Policy
- The Provision of Year 11-12 in Tasmania – AEU policy position
- AEU Policy on School Autonomy and Independent Government Schools
- Part time Work Policy
- AEU Itinerant employees Policy
Policies are periodically updated to maintain their currency